For fall 2014, Ergativity Lab at McGill hosted a series of meetings and talks on the subject of clause structure and argument licensing, as well as a number related to the ongoing Ergativity Questionnaire project. Here is a list of the talks that were presented this month, with links to handouts. Thank you to all who presented!
- Michael Yoshitaka Erlewine led discussion of Coppe van Urk’s recent GLOW talk, “On C and T, A’-movement and ‘marked nominative’ in Dinka.”
- Lauren Eby Clemens led discussion of argument licensing in Niuean. (Handout)
- Jessica Coon led discussion of Legate (2008), “Morphological and Abstract Case.”
- Theodore Levin (MIT) presented a talk: “Toward a unified analysis of antipassive and pseudo noun incorporation constructions.”
- Jessica Coon led discussion of ergative properties of Mayan languages and their diagnostics.
- Richard Compton (UQAM) led discussion of ergative properties of Inuit languages and their diagnostics.
- Lisa Travis led discussion of ergative properties of Austronesian languages and their diagnostics.